How do Lively probiotic products work?
The overview of how all products work is in the section above. We also have information on each of our product pages that is specific to each product.
The overview of “how they work” mentions biosurfactants. What are those?
Biosurfactants are made by the probiotic good bacteria when dirt is being “eaten”. The biosurfactants help to clean, with the ability to break grime into smaller parts &/or help remove grime that is “stuck” on a surface.
Do Lively’s probiotics “kill” the bad bacteria?
No, the probiotics do not directly kill the bad bacteria. Instead, the probiotics get to the “food source” (such as dirt & grime) quicker so the bad bacteria starve and die. For this reason we don’t say something like “kills 99.9% of bacteria” on our labels because this would mean we also kill the good bacteria.
How do some Lively products clean up to 3 days?
The probiotics can keep working as long as some microscopic dirt (think of it as “food”) is there to sustain them. This process helps grime to NOT come back as quickly.
What might surprise me about other cleaning products with claims such as “kills 99.9% of bacteria”.
What most people don’t know is that cleaning products with claims such as “kills 99.9% of bacteria”...
- The killing of 99.9% of bacteria is killing both the bad bacteria & the good helpful bacteria.
- The .1% of remaining bad bacteria starts to multiply immediately.
- Within 7 hours under “ideal” conditions 1 bad bacteria can multiply to become 1 million bad bacteria.
- So, by instead using our Lively probiotic products, the good bacteria is helping to continue to eliminate the bad bacteria.
Please explain a little more about how these products are safe to use around adults, kids and pets.
All Lively products have no harmful chemicals. All Lively products also have pH-neutral formulas, which include benefits such as not being irritating to skin, not having any harmful fumes, and also being better for the environment. All of our Lively products are safe to use around adults, kids and pets when used as directed (directions are found on the back label of each product & our product-specific website pages).
Are there storage temperatures for the Lively products?
Yes. All Lively products have this information on their labels: “STORAGE: Do not freeze or store in areas above 120℉.”
- If your home has areas like a window sill that gets very hot with sunshine streaming in, please do not keep any Lively products there.
What benefits do Lively Probiotic products have versus the “traditional” cleaners that say they kill bacteria?
Harsh chemicals, such as in antibacterial cleaners and disinfectants get rid of most bacteria, including the bad bacteria but unfortunately also the good beneficial bacteria and alter the home’s “microbiome”.
1. Lively probiotics do the cleaning without using any harsh chemicals. So using Lively avoids concerns like being irritating to skin, or having harsh fumes that may irritate your nose, eyes, throat &/or lungs.
2. Good bacteria have benefits including boosting our immune system, so we really don’t want to use antibacterial cleaners & disinfectants very often that kill both the bad & good bacteria.
3. Here’s information about the home’s “microbiome”.
- A microbiome is a collection of all the microbes (good & bad) within a specific environment.
- Healthy gut microbiome has been a topic for many years, with probiotics eaten in yogurt or probiotic supplements to add “good bacteria”.
- Our skin has its own microbiome and that has gotten more attention for ingredients in things such as personal care (soaps, lotions, makeup).
- And finally the “home microbiome” (also called the “indoor microbiome”) is starting to get more attention since people & pets are impacted by the home’s microbiome.
Who is the ‘z bioscience’ company listed on your product label?
z bioscience is a U.S. company that’s been making & selling similar products to businesses for over 10 years. They’ve sold similar products to businesses including schools, restaurants, office buildings, veterinary clinics, farmers and more. Lively has partnered with z biosicience to use their formulas in our products.
Placing an Online Order
Do I have to pay sales tax?
As our warehouse is located in Missouri, any and all orders that are shipping to a Missouri address will be charged sales tax.
When will my order ship?
In stock items are estimated to ship within 1-2 business days from the order date.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged within 24 hours prior to shipment of your item(s).
* Needing further assistance placing an order, contact us at 1-800-871-0220. We're happy to help!
Shipping and Returns
How much is my shipping?
Shipping is automatically calculated during the checkout process prior to submitting your payment information. Simply add items to your cart and proceed to the Checkout page where you enter your shipping address and select your Shipping Method. Shipping options will have real-time prices listed based on weight. For orders that include 2-6 items, we offer $4.99 Flat Rate standard (economy) shipping to the contiguous United States. Delivery times are based on the carrier and current demand.
What is your return policy?
We are happy to accept returns/exchanges of unopened, unused products within 7 days of delivery and authorized by Customer Service. No returns will be accepted without prior authorization from Customer Service. Customers are responsible for shipping costs on any returns or exchanges.
How do I return my product?
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your order- Please contact Customer Service.
Please let us know immediately if your package arrives damaged or you received incorrect product. Returns must be processed within 7 days of shipment.
We continually work hard to improve our packing and shipping procedures. Please do not destroy or dispose of any product unless authorized by Customer Service. Photos of your damages may be requested.
Our team is available Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, CST.
When will my credit appear on my account?
Credits can take up to 7-10 business days from the time we receive your item(s).
What is the Martha Stewart Good Things Program and how does it relate to Lively products?
Lively has been accepted into the Martha Stewart Good Things program. Good Things are exceptionally useful products that celebrate innovation, quality at a fair price, and beautiful design. Martha is a respected authority on products of distinction like Lively that meet her high standards—we are thrilled to make the grade and be invited to participate.
Look for the Good Things seal on Lively Probiotic Multi-Surface Cleaner and Lively Pet Multi-Surface Stain & Odor Remover— two standout products from our Household Cleaning and Pet Care collections.